Who We Are
Founded in 2015 by Matt Formato, Mile High is on a mission to bring altitude training to the masses, and to design and engineer the most advanced oxygen-control equipment in the marketplace today.
Our goal is twofold: to create the safest, most reliable oxygen-control equipment, and to provide the absolute best service in this niche industry.
For our Personal-Use equipment, we strive to make altitude training more affordable for while not sacrificing quality or reliability. For our Commercial, High-Flow equipment, we will continue to be the leaders and pioneers of utilizing industrial-grade components in our software and hardware designs. We look forward to complex design challenges and
Matt Formato is a lifelong athlete and competed at the highest levels in collegiate basketball, track and field, and yes, golf:) Graduating with a degree in Political Science from Kenyon College, Matt sought a career blending athletics, technology, and exercise physiology, and found exactly that within this niche world of altitude simulation. For over 15 years, Matt has been fortunate to work with some of the world’s best athletes and teams, as well as some of the most interesting and driven individuals one can imagine.
The Mile High Team consists of a number of amazing people who specialize in key technologies that come together to make custom equipment that we are truly proud to stand behind. Our team has over 80 years combined experience in nitrogen/oxygen air systems, robotics and automation control systems, and hypoxic training. If you’re interested in working with creative, hard-working individuals on the forefront of sport, lifestyle and technology, give us a shout, we’d love to meet you!
WBA Lightweight Champ Marcus Browne
Who’s training at altitude?
- Athletes of all levels looking to improve their performance at sea level or at altitude
- Individuals climbing high altitude peaks concerned with Altitude Sickness
- Pro Sports Teams (NBA, NFL, NHL, MLS)
- Sports Performance Training Centers
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Centers
- Professional Athletes + Weekend Warriors
- Mountaineers + Guide Companies
UFC Champ Chris Weidman
Professional Sports Teams (USA)
- Atlanta Falcons (NFL)
- Los Angeles Clippers (NBA)
- Chicago Blackhawks (NHL)
- Cleveland Browns
- Miami Heat
- New York Jets (NFL)
- Orlando Magic (NBA)
- Houston Rockets (NBA)
Athletic Training Facilities
- Altitude Athletic Training Toronto, Canada – https://altitudeathletictraining.com/
- Block Fitness Collective – Oro Valley, AZ – https://www.blockfitco.com/
- Mamba Sports Academy -Newbury Park, CA – https://mambasportsacademy.com
- NY Sports Science Lab -NYC – https://nysportssciencelab.com/
- Be Fit Consultants – Santa Barbara, CA – http://befitconsultants.com/
- Athlete’s Recovery Lounge – Los Angeles, CA – https://www.instagram.com/ptrncareinc/?hl=en
UFC Interim Lightweight Champ Dustin Poirier
- VF Corporation (Vans, The North Face, Wrangler) https://www.instagram.com/p/CHfxmCRj2hx/
- Keros Therapeutics
Universities, Training Companies, and Organizations
- Ohio State University
- University of Oregon (Sports Performance dept)
- University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill) – Exercise Science)
- Northern Iowa (Exercise Science)
- BYU (Exercise Physiology)
- University of Nebraska
- Fast Twitch Coaching – http://fasttwitchcoaching.com/
- VP Endurance – https://vantagepointendurance.com/
- Peter Wimberg Bike Coaching – https://www.wimbergbikecoaching.com/
NFL All-Pro J.J. Watt
I’m back and we summited! Weather was terrible with howling winds and sleet, but we were climbing during the wrong time of the year. Supposedly, June – August is way better weather-wise. Honestly, with the weather and altitude, there is no way we could have made it without your altitude tent. Only 7 people summited that day and the other 5 were “professional climbers”. That was about a 15% success rate whereas they have more like 50-60% in the dry season. Pierson and I were the only 2 people in our group to summit and we had some pretty impressive people in our group including an Olympic skier from Brazil. Thanks Mile High!
Our training staff put together one of the best rehab programs I’ve seen, doing simulated game conditioning, high-altitude training and all this crazy stuff,” Griffin said. “I’m actually recovering at a better rate now than I was heading into the season.
It was a great trip and to be honest my cousin and were amongst the best when it came to altitude issues. We did both take Diamox as well, but as did many others, the clear difference was our high altitude training prior to arrival. Given that we both live at sea level we performed surprisingly well. Both had solid blood oxygen and pulse stats all trip long.
“We did it! My team and I concluded a very successful summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro and are ecstatic to have raised so much for our charity, The Rich Center for Autism. Our 3 team members that used your equipment all faired far better than the rest of the group. While four or five others experienced significant headaches and fatigue, the three of us never dealt with the light-headedness or nausea we were all expecting. We’re very thankful we got to enjoy our summit day altitude sickness-free!
“When I decided to rent with your company, I considered all possible options and I concluded that Mile High would provide the highest level of service and best preparation for my trek to Kilimanjaro. This trip was a lifelong dream for my daughter and I, so we took every step we could to make sure we would succeed. We summited February 2nd, 2019 at 9:14 in the morning and it was truly a memory we will never forget. Considering we had no altitude issues while much of the group did, I’m very happy I made the investment to ensure altitude wouldn’t be something that could derail our adventure. Thanks a ton!”