What’s a High Altitude Chamber?
A High Altitude Chamber is the secret tool used by olympic programs, pro sports teams, and high-end health and wellness facilities worldwide. Often referred to as a hyperbaric chamber or hypobaric chamber, it’s actually a normobaric, hypoxic (low-oxygen) chamber. The ‘chamber’ can actually be a pre-existing room (that is then well-sealed) or a pre-fabricated chamber made of aluminum framing and vinyl / polycarbonate. Typically people exercise in these ‘altitude chambers’ but we can also convert rooms for sleeping.
How do altitude chambers / hypobaric chambers work?
Paired with either our High-Flow Altitude Equipment or with multiple E-100 Altitude Generators/Hypoxicators, we provide sufficient air-flow to bring these pre-fabricated altitude chambers or existing rooms to altitude within 1-3 hours. We often install our altitude chambers around any existing stationary training equipment but the altitude chamber space can be used for anything including Yoga, Pilates, spinning, MMA etc. We have standard sizes available but can also custom design a chamber to any specific dimensions or fit any particular number of users. Requiring no construction, the high quality panels are easily erected in any location and do NOT take up any additional floor space. The Altitude Chambers are also modular so you can increase the size of your altitude chamber at a later date. If you are interested in converting an existing room to altitude, please get in touch and let us know the room dimensions and the maximum expected number of users.
How do I select an Altitude Chamber?
We first have to answer the following questions:
1) how many people do you want inside the chamber at the same time?
2) What are the dimensions of the space needed for preferred equipment or number of intended users?
Based on the volume of your chamber, we then match the appropriate altitude air system and take into account any specific requirements such as required time to altitude or the desired time to go between different altitudes.
How much does an altitude chamber cost?
The cost of a high altitude / hypobaric chamber is dependent on a few main factors including: dimensions, number of users, and time to altitude / time between altitudes.
For smaller room conversions or altitude chambers under 15’x15’x8′, clients have the option to use multiple E-100 Altitude Generators
or our high-flow “Elevate” Altitude System. For reference, our E-100 systems provide 120 liters/minute while our Elevate systems start at 500 liters/minute and can go up to and beyond 10,000 liters/minute. Our Elevate equipment is custom built for each project and its core features and specifications can be found below.
Altitude Chamber Specifications
- Vinyl / Poly-carb Insert with Aluminum Framing
- Air-Lock design maintains a constant oxygen level within the chamber
- Custom built for any size/dimensions/# of users
- Altitude Equipment flow-rates start at 400 liters per minute (enough for a small room/up to 4 users) and increases up to 10,000 liter/minute for larger spaces and a greater number of users (up to 50 or more).
- Altitude, humidity, hyperoxic (high-oxygen), temperature control options
- Smartphone/PC Accessible
- Split Air Conditioning Required
Elevate High-Flow Altitude Equipment Specs
- Built for altitude chambers or rooms with 5-50 people
- Supplies between 500 -5,000 Liters per Minute at 10.5% o2
- Atlas Copco Compressor (10Kw to 75Kw) Included
- 8” Touch-Screen Control Panel
- 7-Day Time/Altitude Scheduler with Multi-Stage Safety Alarms
- Password Protected Altitude Setting/Display Control
- Zirconium Oxygen Monitor
- Co2 Monitor Integration Feature
High-Flow Altitude Equipment Safety Features
- Password Protected Altitude Control:
Our control panel will feature 6-digit password protection, enabling only authorized users to make modifications to time/date/altitude set-points.
- Low Oxygen Purity Alarm, High Oxygen Purity Alarm, Electrical System Fault:
If system recognizes abnormal feedback, our system will provide a continuous flow of sea-level (20.9%) air and the system will alarm and then revert to normoxic conditions. The alarm condition will be displayed on the screen. This will be maintained until a qualified technician identifies and rectifies the fault.
If electrical is cut to building or air system, valves automatically revert to providing sea-level air, thereby ensuring the altitude chamber will return to sea-level.
If our PLC reads data significantly different than last recorded data set (2 1⁄2 standard deviation), our system automatically will return to Safe Mode.
E-100 Altitude Generator / Hypoxicator Technical Specifications
For any size Altitude Chamber multiple E-100 Altitude Generators are required to provide sufficient Air-Flow (determined by volume & number of users)
- Digital Controls – 120 Liters/Minute Air-Flow
- Altitude to 20,000 ft (down to 9.5% oxygen)
- Zero annual maintenance costs
- Dimensions 25′′ high x 16′′ wide x 14′′ deep
- Weight 66 Lb (30 kg)
- 2 year limited parts & labor warranty
- Includes expansion bag for smooth air flow
- Sound Level 50 dB
- Power failure and overheat alarms